Just got back from spending 3 days with my family in LA. It was my Grandma’s birthday on August 6 and my Aunts birthday on August 7, and I certainly wanted to see them before leaving for the Philippines. Since I live in SF and they live in LA, we seldom get to see each other, but when we do it’s always quality time at its finest.
This trip felt so bittersweet for the following reasons:
- This was my first trip to visit without my parents or brothers and it was truly special.
- Had a lot of fun playing with my 6 year old little cousin, Kristen. I’ve always wanted a little sister or younger cousin to play dress up and goof around with, really wish we could spend more time together. She’s growing up too quickly!
- Enjoyed exploring LA by metro (subway) with my Grandma and Aunt. It was so nice of them to tour me around Hollywood, South Pasadena, downtown LA etc.
- Made me miss our annual family outings with everyone
- Ugh! Since I’m leaving for the Philippines next week, I’m not really sure when I’ll see them next. 🙁 Really wish they could come with me.
Here’s a photo of me, my Aunt Iris and my Grandma Pita with the Hollywood sign behind us
ps. I need to be better about taking more photos.